Information for Prospective Members
For Membership information, please contact the Membership Officer, David, via email at email@example.com
OR email the firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and contact details in the email.
Pistol shooting is heavily regulated by legislation. Handguns held under a target shooters licence may only be used on police approved target ranges. More information can be found on the Victoria Police’s Licence Regulation Division (LRD) website.
The Ballarat Pistol Club is privately owned and managed by all club members. All club members are expected to contribute to the running of the club and the maintenance of the facilities.
- Club members will be required to perform club duty (on a Shooting day) on average twice a year
- And assist with working bees (usually held 3 or 4 times a year)
Pistol shooting is a sport enjoyed by all ages (minimum age of 12 yrs). Some of our members are happy to simply compete at a club level whilst others go on to compete nationally, internationally or even at the Olympics etc.
I am interested in pistol shooting – what should I do next?
- Ensure that you are Not a Prohibited Person as per Victorian Legislation. See link:
- Send an email to the Membership Officer (enquiries.BPC@BigPond.com) to organize a date and time for a tour of the facilities.
- Include your full name and phone number
- You will be required to produce photo identification upon arrival at the club.
- Your details, including address, will be recorded in the Club’s Visitor’s book.
There is currently a “one of” Joining Fee of $50. The annual club fee may increase slightly from time to time. The current annual fee is $350 (August 2021). There are discounts for pensioners and juniors (12 to 17 yrs).